Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Toddler Kit, an American Girl

 Meet my little American girl! I just finished this new out fit for my Sweet pea. I was going for a Kit look from American Girl dolls. What you think? Pretty cute! The skirt and sweater aren't bad either. ;)
 This is how the sweater started out, just sitting in my closet all lonely. Now it is a beautiful sweater top for my little girl! Not unwanted any more.
 I made three pleats on both sides of the center front of the skirt. It has elastic in the back for a nice comfortable fit. That too and it will fit longer than by adding a zipper in the back.
 A cute little crochet hat with a big green bow to complete the outfit! (And yes Sweet pea still doesn't like hats. I had a hard time getting her to leave it on.)

                                 
 Here is our super model look, she is ready for the runway!
Happy Sewing!
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a little model! Great great job on the outfit! Isn't it neat what a little tweaking can do to an old item? Link this up if you get a chance! www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking this too cute outfit on my 1st Fashion Friday Runway linky party!!

    http://damedesignstudio.blogspot.com/2011/02/1st-fashion-friday-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments