Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Bakugan Belt Clip Pouch Tutorial

 Here at our house Bakugans are popular with our boys. They like to take them with them when we go places, which they put them in their pockets. So I made them a belt clip pouch for them to carry their Bakugans around with them.


**What you'll need**
Black canvas (I used some scraps I had on hand)
Scraps of fabric (for the letters)
heat & bond light
gromets
belt clips
thread
 1; Follow the directions on the Heat and bond the attach it to the back of the scrap fabric. Then trace a stenicl backwards onto the paper of the heat & bond.
 With the stencil there will spaces between parts of the letters so you need to connet the letters so it is one solid piece. Cut out your letters.
 2; Cut out the canvus pieces next. For each pouch you will need (2) 4"x6" pieces of black canvus cut.
 3; Iron on the letters to the front piece of the pouch. Place the letter on the center of the bottom half.
 Then stitch close to the edge as you can around the letter.
 4; Now attached the gromets to both pieces of the cnavus. Find the center of top and then measure down 2". Cut a small hole the place the front of the gromet through. Now place the back of the gromet over the back of the fabric and hammer in place.
 5; Pin the front and the back of the pouch with right sides together and stitch together with leaving the top of the pouch open.
 Serge or zig zag around the outter edge of the pouch and then around the top of the pouch. Fold over the top of the pouch towards the inside and press with your iron.
 6; Stitch around the top of the pouch to finish the top. That's it! Your Done!
 I made some up for my kids and my nephews. They really are a quick project to make and the boys really love them!
Happy Sewing!!
Sharon


3 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing idea! I wish my son still played with Bakugan so I could make it for him! Thanks for dropping by and leaving me a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea. We have so many of these toys everywhere. It would be nice to have a way my boys could carry them and not lose them. Thanks for sharing this. I will definitly be trying them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the great idea! My kids are crazy with bakugan, they'll love this new gadget!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments