Saturday, April 30, 2011

Count Down till School's Out for the Summer Tutorial


School is about over for the year. I don't know who is more excited, the kiddos or me! (Sleeping in in the mornings, staying up late at night, going to the beach, playing in the back yard pool, no waiting in the car line at school to pick up the kids, spending the whole day with my boys....) So to celebrate this wonderful time of year I made the boys a count down till summer vacation.

To make this quick and easy count down I first went to the dollar store by the house and bought a picture frame for $5. Everything else I had at the house.
 **You'll need**
a picture frame, I used a 11"x14" frame 
scrap book paper,
letter & number stickers
 double sided tape.

1; I took the paper mat out of the frame and placed a piece of scrap book paper behind it and taped it in place from the back.

2; Find the center of the top mat. Next start with the center letter and work your way out. I find if I start with the center word/letter I am better able to center the whole line.

(ignore the missing A here, lol. I didn't even realize I forgot it I was so worried about making the letters strait!)

3; Next come the numbers. I used red numbers with some blue numbers here and there. When we uncover a blue number we will have a fun activity to do together. (bake cookies, play outside in the sprinkler) I used a ruler to line up my numbers too.
Now add a few summer stickers to the matte.

4; Place the finished matte back into the frame. (here is where I noticed the missing A so out came the picture to fix it. Never try to make anything half asleep, lol.)

5; now cut off little pieces of the double sided tape and place over every number on the outside of the glass.

6; Take a different color of scrapbook paper and cut out your favorite shape, 20 of them, and place them over the numbers onto the double sided tape.

Every school day take off a cover to see the number of days left of school till vacation starts! This is great way to help my to younger boys learn to count better. Easy Peasy Mac and cheezy! as my middle son says. :)


Sharon

2 comments:

  1. count down to end of school was always exciting love this great way to keep all on task come see what I shared @ http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I actually have a countdown going on my calendar for when school's back IN! and they aren't even out yet! 98 days and counting ;) My last of 4 kids is going into 1st grade which means FULL DAY school so I'm A LITTLE EXCITED lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments