Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My New (old) Sewing Machine!

Isn't she just beautiful?!? My Mother-in-law and Father-in-law gave me this wonderful Singer sewing machine! I was so excite to receive it. :) They found it at a yard sale about a month ago. All I know is that it works and need the top spool part and that it is a 1951 sewign machine.

I love the beautiful detail work on this machine! It stores in a cabnet and opens up to sew. They don't make them like this anymore!

The sewing machine is in great shape and all the detail is still there. It has this gold paint and here is the side of the machine, I really love the detail here!

It's light still works!

Here it is in it's new home! I just painted my room a couple of weeks ago. What do you think of the color? I bought two gallons of this paint marked down to $5 a gallon pail! A really greeat deal. :) I just sewn up this valance this weekend, a sneek peak at this weeks tutorail. :)

Happy Sewing!
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful machine! How rare to find one in working condition!!!! And I love your paint job! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so lovely to have something handed down by your parents..and more wonderful when it is as beautiful as the old sewing machine..the filigree on the metal is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments