Sunday, December 23, 2012

First Christmas Keepsake bib

I am a bit sad to say that I just now have got around today to make Prince C Christmas bib.  Although I am happy that I made it before Christmas. I made it just like his sister's from her first Christmas too. Prince C is just about 6 months old here... 
 Sweet pea is 11 months old here. :) Don't they look a lot a like?
If you would like to know how to make one of these bibs up you can find my tutorial here. They are quick and easy to do. The hardest part was trying to trace a wiggle baby's hands and foot. It was a funny too! :D
 On baby boy's I used flat piping instead of a ruffle and I left off the rick rack. I was going to add red rick rack but never remember to buy it at the store when I was there. Oh well. The plaid is the same as his bow tie for his Christmas outfit. The reindeer is is corduroy, the face is cord turned backwards to give it a different look from the antlers.
I have one more thing that I need to sew before Christmas morning and one more thing that Mr G wants me to sew up. I hope to finish them both. Then onto  (very) late Christmas gifts for family afar. I wish I had them done but I know they will be soon enough. It's the thought that counts. :)
 
I hope you Christmas is a wonderful one!
 
Sharon

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    just wanted to wish you and your brood a very Happy 2013. Hope everybody, and every project flourishes!!!

    I loved your Bubble Dress, and the light pink velvet trim highlights the colour mix in the fabric of the frock.
    I was interested to read your recent O+S forum post about Sarah Jane fabric. Is this a particular brand of fabric, or retailer? Any tips about where to buy it?

    How time flies! A lovely picture of SP at 11 mths, and now you are making her a 3rd bday dress. That was an amazing doll house, by the way. I hope she has lots of fun with it in the years to come. Hope your older boys enjoy their school holidays, and time with the family.

    Thanks for great pictures, and tutorials

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fabric brand. Sarah Jane has two fabric lines through Micheal Miller, the first is Children at Play but it is no longer being made, the second is Out to Sea. They are all wonderful fabrics!

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments