Friday, January 18, 2013

A Christmas Tree Skirt

 
 
I have done a bit of Christmas sewing again. I do love to sew Christmas things!
This is a tree skirt that made for someone else. Sweet pea though for sure that this had to be for her big brother. :) He thinks that I need to make him one too. I would be but everyone in the house has different favorite teams. What will a mama do? ;) 
 
 I made it a lot like our tree skirt but in solid piece of fabric in the front and back but this has a two sided ruffle. I love this ruffle! It a simple skirt cut out of the fabric, as big as it can be. I basted the ruffle on the main fabric first then stitched the sides and bottom. The top edge is finished of with a bias.
 
Here is the back side of the skirt, the back could really be used a the top too. It is completely reversible, ruffle and all.  I just might have to us a new tree skirt. :) I hope everyone has a great weekend!
 
Happy Sewing!!
 
Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments