Wednesday, May 15, 2013

April Showers Bring May Flowers



 
Spring is here and we are loving every minute of it! Sweet pea loves the flowers most of all. Yes, these are just dandelions but to her they are the best so I have not mowed a section part of the yard. I have promised hubby that it would happen this week after the kids has had their fun, maybe tonight, maybe... ; )

 
One of my favorite parts of spring weather is new dresses for Sweet pea. I have had this fabric hanging in my sewing room  all winter long begging to be sewn up into this dress so I was very excited to finally see it made. With Prince C getting bigger and into everything it makes it so hard to find the time to sew much these days. I cherish a minute I have now.
 
 
The dress pattern is the Oliver + S (you know it had to be!) Play date. I love, love this pattern! It reminds me of the classic dresses that little girls wore years ago. One of the great things of this pattern is this has pockets for Sweet pea 's treasures. She loves pockets on her dresses. : ) I love the bodice details.

 
I finished opening of the dress just like the ones before using the Queen of the Flies tutorial. It gives the inside such a lovely finish to it. This time I did some machine embroidery on it. My machine has a few stitches on it and I wanted to give it a go for this dress. I do like the look of it.

 
I even made a teeny Play date dress with the rest of the fabric I had. I love the teeny tiny small sizes.

 
Next up on the sewing list is the boys. The older one and the baby really need a few things for the coming summer and I can't wait to get started. :  )
 
 
Happy Sewing
Sharon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments