Thursday, October 17, 2013

Under Dress For Costume: Plus Easter Dress Done!

 
This dress was a wee bit more of work that I thought originally. You see this is the under dress for Sweet pea's Halloween costume this year. Yep, all that work for a one night dress. All those fluffy, twirly ruffles are made by my serger and me. They are not hard to make just time consuming, sooo I can call it her Easter dress for this next Spring and now it was totally worth the time it took make! (very clever of me huh?)

 
I used some light weight eyelet fabric from my grandmother which I have been saving for just the right project for the outer and pretty pale pink for lining. It gives it a slight pink look but not pink over load. My Sweet pea has to have her pink!

 
I used the Fairy tale dress pattern to make this. I love this dress pattern! (I will also use the same pattern to make her corset too.) It still takes me some time to sew it but I it does have lovely results when finished so totally worth it. I did add two layers of pink tulle underneath, I think it gives it a bit more twirl to the skirt. I did leave the darts out as I though it would look right with the light weight fabrics I was using but now I do wish I had of.  Oh well, can't fix it now.

 
I am not very surprised that this is her favorite dress now. It has all those ruffles and pink to boot. Once this dress is on she can't stand still, she has to twirl and jump all around in it just watching her skirt. I had to pry it off her last night for bed time. Yep, a fast favorite. I am thinking she will need one like this not in white for playing in.

 
Here is our Easter look. Very sweet and her skit is not covered by her sweater. I love it as much as she does.
 
 
Stayed tuned for the rest of the costume at the beginning of next week!
 
Happy Sewing!
 
Sharon

12 comments:

  1. Oh, my! So lovely Sharon - the Easter look is seriously sweet.
    But an underdress? Can't wait to see the rest of the costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We already had this sweater on hand and it works so well with the dress. Now just to worry about a Christmas dress....and the rest of her costume!

      Delete
  2. When did she grow all that pretty hair!? The dress is beyond beautiful, no matter what she wears it for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Her hair has grown a bit since we moved, must be something in the air because so has mine.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! This is amazing, I can't wait to see the rest of the costume, it is so sweet as just a dress too. Yay for planning ahead;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm blushing! Thank you! I am almost done. Hopefully today or tomorrow morning.

      Delete
  4. Precious! And to already have her Easter Dress finished 6 months ahead of time...genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am clever aren't I. ; ) She loves to twirl and dance in this one, I can't wait till trick or treat night.

      Delete
  5. Wow!!! this is going to be nicest Halloween costume ever! What a pretty dress! Can't way to see Bo Peep and her sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! How does she go taking it on and off? I love Oliver & S patterns but all the dresses I have made are a nightmare to put on my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's goes on really easy, this one has a zipper in the back that goes down past the waist line. (as different from the jump rope dress) The fit is great too, I do wish I had put the darts in though.

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments