Saturday, November 2, 2013

Field trip Tee, Not Just for My Boys!

 
When the Field Trip pattern came out I snatched it up very quick in both sizes, I had to have it for my all four of my boys. I have seen so many on the Flicker group that I just loved. I never thought about making one for my little princess. That is until last Monday I needed to make a white shirt to go under her costume. Now I have made the Hopscotch top many, many times and do love the pattern but I wanted something very simple and quick so I went with this pattern. I never intended it to be a shirt for everyday wear, until the ribbon came out!  
 
 
You see, I used some scrap fabric for the shirt and you'll never guess but I had to piece together the front to make the fabric big enough to cut out the front pattern piece. Sweet pea wanted ribbon on it any way so I sewn it right over the middle seam to hide it. She loves this shirt, score! I am already planning on making her a pink pair of After School pants and this hoes with it perfect.

 
After the first shirt I decided to make her two more for this fall/winter wardrobe. They are a very quick, easy sew, it was the easiest shirt I have ever made her. The stripped pink sweater knit top is fabric from her stash that we bought last year on clearance from Hobby Lobby.  I doubled the width of the neck binding here for more of a sweater look.  This one is her favorite one all three. The fabric is oh so snuggly soft!

 
This is fabric that I planned for a Sail Boat top but I now glad I saved it for this top. A lovely color for fall.

 
In case you are wondering, the pants are Mia and Ben from last year. So far they still fairly well but I think she will out grow them before the cold weather turns back to warm. Until we shall both enjoy them.  


So what are you working on for fall/winter clothes? Or Summer for my friends on the other side of world?
 
Have a great weekend!
 
Sharon

6 comments:

  1. It's a classic shape - for boys AND girls! Love these. Perfect play-wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! She has worn only these tee's all weekend and all week so far. I guess they are very cozy to wear. : )

      Delete
  2. These are great. I'll be making some short sleeve versions soon, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get to Caspian's soon. I have to buy "older" kids fabric for my three older boys too.

      Delete
  3. The tops look great, Sharon! I love raglan sleeve tops and these are perfect for your princess.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She lives in the pink stripe one so I am thinking about making her a pink butterfly fleece one today. (fabric from her stash too)

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments