Wednesday, July 15, 2015

First Day of School outfit, Bitter Sweet


We are still in the middle of summer but I have been busy, busy sewing up miss Sweet pea's school clothes. (As to why this blog is so quite, I am sewing so much that I really have not taken a break to blog.) While I have dreamed of sewing Sweet pea's schools clothes for quite some time I still am sad to think that the time has already come. Where has the years gone?? 


Now while I have this huge list of things to sew (Many being Oliver and S that Sweet pea has requested herself) choosing the first day outfit is very important to both of us. My good friend Theresa, of Grammies Dolls, just released her first two patterns on her own and I was so lucky to be able to test both of them. Sarah and I both have been a huge fan of Theresa's patterns from Ellie Inspired for a while. The top is the Sweet Sophyes shirt and the shorts are the Lil Elizabeth Shorts.  


I love the classic style of each of these patterns and they are super quick to sew. Sarah and I chose fabrics form Moda's Mistletoe Lanes line. I used cotton lace to trim the blouse on each side of the button placket and the bottom hem of the sleeves. I trimmed the shorts with the same lace tied into a sweet little bow. The shorts have these lovely pleats on both sides of the fronts. I love that this set looks great with the shirt tucked in or not. 




With school getting ready to start we are trying new hair styles as well. Of course any things with braids is a win her Sweet pea's book so we have tried lots of these out. This one is my favorite so far. I really am enjoying that she is letting me fix her hair now. I have waited so long for this! 


A close up of the sweet shorts, I have another pair on my list for this year to sew.   


Lots of lace trims for my princess and I. 


Well Miss Sweet pea says she is ready and so excited to start school, I am sure I am not. *sigh* I guess I better get ready! 


Happy Sewing!!! 

Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments