Monday, July 20, 2015

The Tale of Two Pj's For Prince C and Miss Sweet Pea


With summer half way over I really needed to get some night gowns and pj's done for both little ones. I seen some awesome Oliver and S Badminton dresses made into night gowns so I made two for Sweet pea, I have no idea why I waited so long to sew this pattern up!! It was so quick and easy. I had both of these cut out and sewn in one day flat. While I was sewing these up Prince C decided to go shopping on his own though mommy's sewing room. He pulled out three nautical prints and the Oliver and S Sleepover pj's pattern and requested "two please". How could I say no after all his hard work?! (I really need to make this kiddo shopping bag! He has a awesome metal shopping cart already for his "trips".  


Now when I sewn the two night gowns for Sweet pea I had the idea that both would be night gowns. Both would work as lovely dress as well. (The pattern is for dresses so you know) My daughter loves the fit of these both for sleeping and was so exited for bed time that night. She was even dancing around in her new night gown singing.




She loves the ribbon detail on this one as much as do and we have plans for two more night gowns and one top. She helped me pick them out before bed time. 

I did make the next size up so these would fit for a while too. She loves the fit and it is not overly big on her. Perfect for sleeping. Until morning came......









Then she decided that the pink and blue one was the perfect dress for a hot summer day! LOL can't blame me for trying. Oh well she does have two more "ordered" so she said this one can be her dress. I can't blame her either, it is very pretty.



I had to make make Prince C a 2T, yep I couldn't believe it either. I measured him but though these will be huge on him but went with this size any ways. MY thought is that the last sets lasted so long before he outgrew them. While these are a bit big they do fit him well. I shorted the sleeves and legs on this one for summer pj's. I then added a hem band to the bottom of both short legs. I love the look of the long pants and wanted it on these as well.


Both sets were a HUGE hit with him!! He tried on each pair as I was sewing on buttons then decided he needed a bath early so he could get ready for bed time. It took him over five minutes to pick which set to wear first. He then wanted his picture taken outside on the swing set. I do really love this little guy. 


I can't tell you how great it makes me feel to sew something that both my children love so much. Prince C has been helping with his fabric choices for his fall clothes so I can't wait to get them sewn to see his excitement.  I am sure both of these will be great for early fall as well. I love sewing for the seasons. 


Happy Sewing!! 


Sharon 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments