Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Bistro Dress and a Sew -Along!


Back in August I sewn my very first Bistro dress from Liesl + Co, of course you know it was love at first sew! Liesl has a way doing this with each and every pattern of hers. The fit is always spot on and the instructions are wonderfully written. This dress has darts on the front and back so it is a fitted dress. I did have to sew a FBA on this one as well. 


I used Fabric Finders Chambray for the outer the fabric and a Art Gallery Voile for the lining, the very same fabric as the scarf I made. The scarf is made with the left over lining fabric in fact.  I did modify this dress a tad to fully line this view, it was easy peasy to do and I will be going over it in the sew along that starts up Monday to show you how to sew one up as well. 


The darts on this pattern gives it such a wonderful shape for a great fit. The front has four darts, two on the waist and two on the bust. (Two on the back waist as well). This is what gives this dress such a professional look to it. 



Now for the fun part, I am leading the Bistro dress in a Sew-Along for Whimsical Fabrics!! Not only are we sewing this beautiful dress together but I will also be showing how to to make  a FBA and SBA as well. (Full bust adjustment and small bust adjustment) It really is not hard to do and the results are a wonderfully fitting dress that you cannot buy anywhere. 


You can find the sew-along over at the Whimsical Fabrics Sew-Along Blog and Danielle has put together these wonderful kits with everything you need other than thread.  You can find the kits over at the Whimsical Fabric Shop
The dates are:
Lesson 1 - Monday - November 9
Lesson 2 - Tuesday - November 10
Lesson 3 - Wednesday - November 11
Lesson 4 - Thursday - November 12


Please come join us!! 

Sharon 

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to come on that dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. sexy bitch can swallow my cum anytime

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments