Thursday, October 22, 2015

My First Children's Corner Frannie


I have more recently began to sew with Children's Corner patterns and the Frannie has been top on my list for over month now so why not start with a fun themed one? 


I sued some no-name fabric I found locally for this dress and used scrap fabrics to make the piping and ties. (Those came from WF) The fabric is special for a few reasons. One Sweet pea said she wanted witch fabric but it has to have cats and bats, witches always have both she informed me. Second she has loves the word Boo. She has wrote it on many of her drawings here lately. I love eh vintage feel this fabrics has too. It looks great when paired with this pattern I think. 


I made my own baby piping for the collar and the side ties match as well. I love these little details and I adore the fit of this pattern do much! The dress has this beautiful drape to it with the way the soft gathers are at the top side seams. Yes this is another pattern that I wish I had sewn years ago. 


Now as far as the sewing goes I think this is sewn so cleverly that there are so raw edges when it is done sewn, including a very clever little hem. It was my first time sewing a hem like this one and I am still thinking a day later how fast, easy and clever it is! I highly recommend this pattern to everyone, its that great! 


As you can tell Sweet pea is happy with this dress too and it has made its way to the top of her request to wear to school later today and yes she sure can. I told her with it being a holiday theme print that she can wear this one as much as she wants. That's also because I am already started on the next one, for the winter holiday season. This one has a lace collar for more f a dress up feel. I will worn you ladies this is one of those pattern that you will want to sew again and again. I have to say a very special thank you to Danielle for starting my on this pattern, it's a new favorite! 


You can the Frannie Pattern over at Whimsical Patterns, it's on sale right now too. 

Happy Sewing !!


Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments