Saturday, October 31, 2015

Pinkalicious and the Pink Drink!



This year for Halloween Sweet pea decided to be Pinkalicious from the book Pinkalicious and the Pink Drink. At first she decided to be last years Elsa again but she was running int eh school's Mostermash race so she needed one costume that she could move in better so she picked this one for the one night...then decided she would rather wear this dress for all of trick-or-treating fun. She loves it! Well of course she would, it's all pink!! 


This is my only I am standing still photo, she was so thrilled with this one that she wouldn't sit still and kept twirling and singing. This happens to be her very favorite book so she thinks it's the best costume now as well. That sure makes me smile! 


I used Oliver and S Fairy Tale dress with no darts sewn on the bodice and I used a self-drafted circle skirt. It was easier than I thought it would be. The skirt does have the seam in the back for the added zipper to be sewn in as well. Her waist line and neck line are trimmed in cotton lace details to match the book's dress. 


Her dress in sleeveless but we layered it with our CC Mattie knit shirt to keep her warm on cool nights.  I put her Icing skirt I made last year under her dress so give the skirt the full look like the book as well. (As in why she wouldn't stop dancing for me to take photos, hehehehe) 


To make hemming this dress a breeze I made my own bias tape out of the dress fabric to finish off the seams neatly and quickly. 




She  even had to have a pink pumpkin bucket to match, oh and a pink flash light as well. That's my Pink loving girl! 


Happy Sewing!!


Sharon 

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog, Moreover if you want to taste new flavors in teas then check out the starbucks tea menu

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments