Monday, October 19, 2015

Sewing for the Boy


Remember this outfit that I sewn a while back?? Well I finally was able to get my little guy to stand still long enough for some photos of him wearing it! This outfit has been worn many times already and is holding up very nicely. A big plus for any clothes for for an active toddler/preschooler boy. 


Outfit #1. This was made using the Oliver and S Parachute Polo top and the After School pants minus the pockets. I made the top in all knit and the pants are sewn in a back/grey chambray with a charcoal grey top stitching. Both are great go-to patterns for boys. They sure are mine! 


The pants are sewn in three panels on each leg so a perfect way to show off top stitching details. When I first sewn these pants I feel in love with the back pockets, I still love them after three years.  For a girl version the pattern has ruffles that can be added to the pants front pockets and the side seam as well, although they do run on the slim side. That's why they are a perfect fit for my son because he is so thin. 


The polo has a real button placket as well as front pockets. LOVE. I have made my youngest three of these shirts so far and want to make my other sons some as well. I am not sure they will wear it but hey I can try right?!?  


Prince C favorite part is the pocket. Perfect for rocks and feathers. 


Outfit #2 A Field Trip set. (for O+S of coarse) 


The shirt is new, size 3T and the shorts are the ones from his second birthday party, size 18 months. The shorts have held up very, very well. All his clothes really have and he loves to wear mam made.  That's why I love sewing for my little man. :-) 


All fabric came form Whimsical Fabric for the top outfit. 
You can find the top knit fabric here
and the pant fabric here


Happy Sewing!!

Sharon 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments