Monday, October 5, 2015

Sewing for my Little Prince C


Autumn is here and my little prince had grown so much over the last summer, from a  size 18 months to a size 3T! So some sewing was in order! 


First up was the Oliver and S Field Trip raglan shirt. Well I really sewn  the three Field trip tee's and the pants over the last week and the weekend before. The Polo was sewn weeks ago but I have not blog about any of them yet. My poor little guy was really very sick for over week. He feels much better now so hopefully I can now get some modeled photos of him in everything too! 

This first shirt was an up-cycle shirt that I bought in the store because I loved the knit. I bought hubby one and bought a second one to make Price C a matching shirt. 


The next two shirts were made using only left over fabric form the three polos I made him. That's right, I made five shirts with 3 yards of fabric! I am very happy with this plus I sewn down a big part of my scrap been with these. This one has a print from the front and the solid for the back. The bird Art gallery knit is some of Prince C's favorite. Well to be honest he loves all the AG knits, he loves to pet the fabric. (I have no idea where he ever got this from. ;-) }


The second one has the Arrows from the front and back and the birds on teh sleeves. Both shirts have been in rotation every since I sewn them. The little guy was even hugging them when I shown him what I had sewn. It really sheered him up. (I have no idea why this photo keeps flipping on me.) 


This is the arrow polo that I had sewn weeks ago, it's from using the Oliver and S Parachute Polo pattern. I think this will be a most sewn pattern in my collection. On my third one it took my only an hour to sew one up not including the buttons. 


I made my little guy some After School pants in a chambray too. I left off the front pockets on these just because I love the look of them with out the pockets for a boy. 


The chambray has a black interweave color in them so I top stitched them in all black thread. I love how this pattern makes it so easy to show off great top stitching. 


I did make the polo in all knit as well. I did try Nicole's advice on the polo and used the woven button placket on the third polo and I love how it does have much less bulk to it. It wears very nice. I did figure a way out of getting rid of the white interfacing when the polo is all finished sewing as well. (I got the idea form Shelley) I will post about that later this week. :-)


{All fabric other than the striped raglan shirt can from Whimsical Fabrics :-) }



Until next time, 

Happy Sewing!!

Sharon 

1 comment:

  1. You have been sewing up a storm! I'm glad Prince C is feeling better, and I love all these makes! Those little Afterschool pants are soooo good. I love that pattern - I wish Joe would wear pants! *cry*

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments