Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Sleepy Bear Pj's for all the kids and a Sew-Along!!


So if you know me or have followed me blog for a few years you know how much my kids love winter pj's made by their mama. My kiddos have outgrown all their sets from a few years ago so it's time to remake them. Yep some of my favorite fun sewing, pj party at my house!! 
**Warning lots of photos to follow, I made 6 sets this round**


 For all the Pj's I used the Ellie Inspired Sleepy Bear pj pattern, including the dolls' pj. All the tops are made with Riley Blake knits and the pants are made using Riley Blake Flannel. The flannel is by far my very favorite to work with of all the brands. 


I love this pattern for how easy and quick it is! It took me 1 and 1/2 days to sew all these sets up. Yep it's that quick! The pattern does call for a short sleeve but I made a mod for the long sleeve. That was super easy to make as well. 


My kids love how roomy the pants and top fit. Perfect for curling up with a good book on a cold winters night. They are so cozy that I am thinking of making me set like this, if only it came in my size....


Of course miss Elsa and Isabelle had to match their mommy! The awesome part of the doll pattern is that both sets were made for Sarah's left over fabrics only. How awesome is that?! One reason I love tiny sewing! 


For the doll pattern I used the robe sleeve pattern for the pj top instead of the short sleeve pj t-shirt pattern piece. I did use lettuce edging on the bottom of both Sarah's and doll's pj top as well. They had to be girly as requested by miss Sweet pea. 


Now onto the sew along fun!! Starting on December 14th I will be leading the Sew along for this pattern over at Whimsical Fabrics! We will only be sewing the top and pants this time. (You can sew a robe up as well) I will even be teaching how to make a modification on a pattern to make a short sleeve into a long sleeve. If you have done this before it really is fairy easy. 


As always Danielle has put together some awesome kits for you.  If you have not bought one from her yet this would be a great starting project, she includes everything needed but the thread, including the elastic for the waist band. She has so many wonderful options with this one! Christmas and non-Christmas ones. You can find all the kits options in the Whimsical Fabrics Shop. 


Now I am sure you have noticed how much my little man has grown. Last year this time I was sewing him a size one, the pants were a bit big on him them. Well this year I had to cut a size 3.... When did he grow so much?!? Yipes! This mama is a bit sad over this one. The two older boys are still a 10 and Sweet pea still is a size 5, only taller. My oldest though has gone from a size 14 boys to men's sizing. He is taller than me now. It is so amazing how much growing a child can do in just a few short months. 





Some little mommy loving. Sweet pea adores her baby doll. 


I do love how this pattern does fit all my kiddos with only one pattern. It starts in a size one and goes all the way to a size 16.  The pattern does also include a robe pattern but I didn't sew one up this time. 






As you can see these made my bunch very happy! 

Happy Sewing!! 

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments